Friday, April 20, 2018

Christopher's Super Mario Party

Christopher had a Super Mario party for his 6th birthday. He wanted to play video games with his friends so we invited five of his best buds over to play, eat pizza and enjoy cake!

The decor was both from Party City and homemade.

The birthday banner and little decals I found at Party City.

The coins were homemade. I bought small yellow plates from the Dollar Tree and cut out yellow construction paper to tape inside. Super simple!



The party room

The tablecloth and plates are from Party City. I bought plain napkins and red forks from the Dollar Tree to go along with the theme and to save a few bucks vs. buying the themed ones.

Every place setting had a mini 1up 7up, a Yoshi egg and either a Luigi or Mario hat along with a mustache. The hats and the mustaches are from Party City. The mini 7ups are from Walmart which I then glued on a 1up mushroom. 

I made the Yoshi eggs with white easter eggs and drew green spots on them with a green sharpie. The Yoshi eggs were filled with Starbursts.


 Party Table

For the food we served pizza and, to go along with the theme, Piranha Plant fruit kabobs. The boys loved them and they were super simple to make! 

Piranha Plant Fruit Kabobs

Piranha Plant Fruit Kabobs

Another fun, simple and cheap party item are these Mario star balloons. The balloons are gold mylar balloons from the Dollar Tree. Yes they are only $1 each! I added black electrical tape (found in the garage) as the eyes. So simple and fun! 

The star balloons also became part of the favor as every boy went home with one!

I ordered this cake from Walmart. The candles are from Party City and I added the eyes to the stars with a black sharpie.

Christopher loved his cake!

To hold the favors I made these Mario party bags. The bags are from the Dollar Tree and are plain red bags which run 8 for $1. I printed a Mario logo and cut out the circle and the letter M so that the red would show through.

Homemade Mario Party Bags

Inside the bags I put various items including Mario popups (Party City), a Yoshi egg (homemade - see above), Mario stickers (Party City) and a Mario figurine (Target). Then I also added a few other toys and candies.

The best part was that Christopher had an awesome time with his friends and loved every moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment